Monday, April 02, 2007

The Gathering in Mexico

I know that I have not written for a while, but I have had many pendings that couldn't wait more :-S

Here we go:

March 16th, 2007
The Gathering in Mexico City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorites bands is The Gathering, a band that is associated with Dark, Metal, Doom Metal and similar, currently it's a band of Progessive rock, Alternative rock and Ambient music.

They are from Netherlands, their sound and image is pretty singular, that's why they are a best band from this world :-).

Their current members are:
Anneke van Giersbergen - lead singer/guitars
René Rutten - guitars / flute
Marjolein Kooijman - bass
Hans Rutten - drums
Frank Boeijen - keyboards

Their first album was released in 1992, its name is: Always..., but in the second half of 1990's they came to fame, at the same time as Anneke van Giersbergen joined the band and honestly, she is a milestone for this band, they were completed up to her arrived.

Up to date they have 8 studio albums:
Always...1992
Almost a dance1993
Mandylion1995
Nighttime Birds1997
How to measure a planet?1998
if then else2000
Souvenirs2003
Home2006


If you look for them at Wikipedia you'll get more information.

About the concert, it was soooooooooooooooo AMAZING, there are no enough words to describe all the emotions and feelings that I felt that night, René Rutten was amazing at the guitars, Hans Rutten played so perfect, Frank Boeijen at the background and with an important part of the whole concert, Marjolein Kooijman was so expledid at the bass now she is one of my favorites bass ;-), and Anneke van Giersbergen was so AWESOME on both singing and playing the guitar, she is so pretty, beautiful and has a sign that can freeze and enchant everybody, if you don't believe me just take a look to the following picture and you'll understand what I'm talking about.



All of them look like enjoyed the concert as much as we did.


unfortunately I don't have time to post any more about this concert, just give me a couple of days, and I'll post pictures about it.


Regards
Diegue

No comments: